Every situation is unique, so customization is critical.
In some cases employees are notified, and changes are immediate. In others, operations continue for a
period of time. The level of risk can vary greatly in terms of media and community exposure, insured product
quality, asset protection, morale and safety. Regardless of your decision, your company can apply best
practices – and we have the experts to help guide you.
Make our consultants your strongest allies.
Our project managers, your single point of contact, have significant expertise managing large-scale plant
reductions and closings. We apply proven process design materials, checklists, communication scripts, training
methods and Internet program management technology to achieve program success. The Focus Group consultants are
committed to working closely with you throughout delivery to ensure that satisfaction stays at the highest levels.
Our multi-pronged approach typically includes the following:
- Needs Assessment: We work with you to conduct a needs assessment to define priorities and establish the very best timeline and approach.
- Initial Planning: Our planning process takes into account the full range of cost, operational, safety and employee concerns.
- Communications Scripts and Delivery Methods: We employ a strategic approach to managing communication that includes developing scripts and methods for addressing both internal and external communities.
- Project Management Processes and Technologies: We apply processes and technologies. Tracking candidate names, programs and progress milestones in this manner, we can provide you unequaled reporting and employee status management capability.
- Onsite Coaching and Counseling Services: Our coaching and counseling is a critical part of supporting the early emotional and transition needs of just-separated employees. Typically, our consultants are requested to be onsite for all notification activities.
- Career Resource Center: We ensure that coaching staff, training and job search resource space is available to support the delivery of services.
- Impactful Services: We deliver services that attend to the individual, minimize stress, reduce the unemployed time period and significantly affect the performance of any remaining employee. Job search training, materials development, career fairs, direct marketing and outreach programs, interview skills training and individual coaching are often important components of our services.